The National Shrine of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini is a Catholic Shrine dedicated to the first American Citizen Saint and Universal Patron Saint of Immigrants. The Shrine is a place of prayer, worship, and devotion; pilgrimage, evangelization, and reconciliation. Read More...
Wednesday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 1 p.m.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A RESERVATION
LEARN WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WHEN VISITING THE SHRINE FOR PRIVATE PRAYER......CLICK HERE
MASS AT SHRINE
The Shrine will reopen for Mass on Saturday, July 18.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A RESERVATION.
View our "WHAT TO EXPECT" guide when attending mass at the Shrine. Click Here to View.
Chicago Department of Public Health Commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady said travelers entering or returning to Chicago from "states experiencing a surge in new COVID-19 cases" will need to quarantine "for a 14-day period from the time of last contact within the identified state."
States included in the order are: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah.
Please do not make a reservation for prayer service or mass at the Shrine if you are entering or returning to Chicago from any of the states listed above in the last 14 days.
Spiritual Center & Architectural Masterpiece in the Heart of Lincoln Park
Historically, this site was home to Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, a missionary woman religious who helped shape America's social and health care system in the early twentieth century.
Spiritually, it is the only National Shrine dedicated to the first American Citizen Saint and the Patron of Immigrants and Heath Care Workers in the Catholic Church.
Architecturally, the Shrine's Chapel is the masterpiece of world-renowned architect, Leonard Gliatto, who felt that this was his crowning achievement in America.
Hours & Services
Hours: Monday: Closed | Tuesday-Friday: 10am - 3pm | Saturday: 9am - 5pm | Sunday: 9am - 3pm
Reconciliation: Sat: 3 pm 3 3:45 pm
Mass: Sat: 4 pm | Sunday: 10 am
Eucharistic Adoration: Fri: 1 pm - 3 pm
Prayer Group: Tue: 10:30 am - 11:15 am
Readings for the week of July 12, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:10-11 / Ps 65:10, 11, 12-13, 14 [Lk 8:8] / Rom 8:18-23 / Mt 13:1-23 or 13:1-9
- Monday: Is 1:10-17 / Ps 50:8-9, 16bc-17, 21 and 23 [23b] / Mt 10:34—11:1
- Tuesday: Is 7:1-9 / Ps 48:2-3a, 3b-4, 5-6, 7-8 [cf. 9d] / Mt 11:20-24
- Wednesday: Is 10:5-7, 13b-16 / Ps 94:5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 14-15 [14a] / Mt 11:25-27
- Thursday: Is 26:7-9, 12, 16-19 / Ps 102:13-14ab and 15, 16-18, 19-21 [20b] / Mt 11:28-30
- Friday: Is 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8 / Is 38:10, 11, 12abcd, 16 [cf. 17b] / Mt 12:1-8
- Saturday: Mi 2:1-5 / Ps 10:1-2, 3-4, 7-8, 14 [12b] / Mt 12:14-21
- Next Sunday: Wis 12:13, 16-19 / Ps 86:5-6, 9-10, 15-16 [5a] / Rom 8:26-27 / Mt 13:24-43 or 13:24-30