Director of Operations
The National Shrine of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini
2520 N. Lakeview Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
Full Time - flexible schedule; some evenings and weekends
The Shrine is dedicated to the first Amercian Citizen Saint and Universal Patron Saint of Immigrants, Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini. The Shrine is a place of prayer, worship and devotion; pilgrimage, evangelization, and reconciliation. Located in the heart of culturally diverse Chicago, a city where our Saint lived, worked and died, the Shrine welcomes people of all faiths to be spiritually renewed as we bring about the Reign of God in today's world.
The Director of Operations will assist the Executive Director in implementing the Working Strategic Plan in a wide variety of basic business, financial, budgetary and ministry needs. The Director of Operations is also responsible for managing the overall use of the building and its activities by insuring well-functioning equipment and managing building maintenance issues and safety, all of which contribute to being a welcoming community. A community that welcomes all no matter what their economic status or needs to reflect the mission of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini as well as the ministry of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The Operations Director will also work with the Executive Director to insure the working environment for all staff, volunteers and visitors is conducive to achieving the mission and values of the Shrine.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills to work effectively with team members, contractors, vendors and visitors.
2. Has a degree in ministry, administration or a related field, along with knowledge, skills, experience, especially in developing and overseeing the implementation of budgets. Some experience in church administration is desirable.
3. Has the experience of recruiting and training volunteers to carry on the mission of a religious or non-profit organization, along with the desire to have knowledge and appreciation for the life of St. Frances Cabrini.
4. Has the desire and ability to contribute to implementing the Working Strategic Plan, including marketing and development of programs, achieving measurable goals, meeting deadlines, organizing and prioritizing work.
5. Ensures that safety standards are followed in using tools and equipment, especially in working with staff and visitors, and various service providers.
6. Is proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks).
7. Applies efficient and effective methods, practices, and procedures in supervision, preventative maintenance, inspection, repair, renovation and the updating of the building and utilities.
8. Provides support to the Executive Director of the Shrine with the planning, coordination and execution of all the Shrine's special events, including the development of the Shrine as a Spirituality Center.
9. Has the capacity to conceptualize work as ministry; which embodies an understanding of the Shrine's mission and a basic knowledge about the life of Saint Frances Cabrini, as well as the ministry of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to: