The National Shrine of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini is currently seeking to hire an Office Assistant. This would be a full-time or part-time position depending on one's skill level and availability. The ideal candidate will manage the reception area, the Shrine Gift Shop, and assist Shrine Staff with ongoing projects. Duties include, but are not limited to, greeting patrons, answering telephone calls, opening/ closing the Shrine Gift Shop, and giving occasional tours of the Shrine. Look below for a full job description.
THE NATIONAL SHRINE OF ST. FRANCES XAVIER CABRINI
Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Shrine Director
Hours: PT/FT negotiable pending (including weekends, some evenings) on your skills.
The Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the director and Shrine Staff in the day to day operations of the Shrine. The ideal candidate will manage the reception area, the Gift Shop with ongoing projects at the Shrine.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone, greet patrons upon their entrance, reply to general requests about the Shrine
- Direct questions to appropriate staff member for their respective duty.
- Monitor and maintain office supply inventory.
- Work in the gift shop selling Shrine Merchandise. This will include: inventory, register, opening and closing of the gift shop. Candidate will be trained with the details.
- Maintains gift shop inventory, tax reports and donations
- Be attuned to visitor’s safety and maintain security protocol.
- Maintain reception manual.
- Assist development manager with maintaining master mailing list and keeping Constant Contact email list up to date.
- Receive requests from patrons for Masses for living/deceased and perpetual enrollment.
- Able to give tours of the Shrine as needed.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, excel, power points) and knowledge of copy machine, office phone, fax machine and Google programs, knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good relationship skills to work with the team and relay to visitors with respect for others.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and meet deadlines. Being able to stay organized, prioritize work, and multitask.
- Physical demands include ability to stand, kneel and climb a step ladder. Occasional lifting of packages.
- Maintain professionalism in dress and demeanor.
- Capacity to conceptualize their work as ministry. Willingness to understand the Shrine’s mission and obtain a basic knowledge about the life of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, the Shrine and the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Send a cover letter and resume to Sr. Bridget Zanin, MSC at firstname.lastname@example.org.